Universities, Living Costs, and Admissions
Latvia is situated in Northern Europe and has a beautiful landscape and fantastic atmosphere for students. You can pursue higher education in Latvia as various institutes offer the different course options you desire. While it comes to tuition fees, it is pretty budget-friendly compared to many other European countries like The United Kingdom, The United States, China, etc.
Students can explore the countries and their welcoming nature for a different culture. It would be best if you learn the Latvian languages during your study. The primary language of this country is English & Latvia. The country is home to many research centers which provide job opportunities to students in various fields like Medical Chemistry, Genetic Engineering, Physics, etc. The country is growing day by day and has an increase of 10 % in the number of international students every year—the reason behind this sudden increase in their globally reputed degrees.
Why Study in Latvia-Is Latvia Good for International Students
When you think of higher education abroad, Latvia is one of the best choices you can go for as the country is excellent for students in terms of quality education. Students can also go for part-time jobs depending on the graduation degree and their skills. The students are allowed to work for 20 hrs/ week along with their education. The expense of living in this country is low compared to the standard of living in this country. Here we are mentioning a few reasons to go for Latvia :
- Various course options are available for international students.
- Globally recognized degrees
- Latvia is more economical than any other European country.
- Job Opportunities.
- Provide students an amazing academic life & Multicultural Environment.
- It gives various scholarships for brilliant students.
Courses to Choose for Study in Latvia
- Bachelors of Dentistry
- Sc Computer Science
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters in Supply Chain Management
- Masters in Information Systems
- Masters in Digital Marketing
- Masters in Economics
- Masters in Project Management
- Masters in International Business
- MS in Engineering Management
- S. in Computer Science
- S. in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Business Analytics
- MS in Data Analytics
- MS in Artificial Intelligence
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Management
Can I Study in Latvia: Eligibility Criteria for Students
For staying longer than 90 days, you need to have a student visa. The visa is provided to students who have received the college acceptance letter. The country offers various job opportunities to its students which means the students can stay here after university. The education quality of Latvia is well known and reputed globally.
Documents Required for Latvia Study Visa
You need to be careful before applying for a study visa and prepare for it before 2-3 months, as a single mistake can lead to your visa rejection. However, you might have to add some other documents as per universities and college requirements, these are :
- Original valid Passport of Student
- Passport-sized photograph
- All-Academic documents and certificates, which include 10th and 12th mark sheet, Graduation Certificates.
- English proficiency test: Students need to clear any English Proficiency test like PTE, TOEFL, IELTS.
- Certificate for non-criminal activities or police clearance
- Original bank certificate to prove their economic stability
- Other required documents:-
- Application form
- Invitation letter.
- Letter of Recommendation.
- Admission letter.
- College acceptance letter
Study in Latvia Visa Requirements :
To stay in Latvia for more extended periods, students need to apply for a Latvia students visa. Here are some requirements which will help the students in the procedure of applying for a student visa :
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Original documents & Certificates of the students.
- University offer letter with application fee payment invoice
- Online test or interview Result of the applicant.
- Verification of the University, by AIC.
- Admission letter
- Study agreement
- Invoice for Tuition Fee
- Invoice for the security deposit
Once you pay the tuition fee of your respective university, you will receive documents from the university, which will help accept your visa proposal; they are :
- Invitation letter for Bachelors students
- Visa Guarantee letter for students going for master’s
- Accommodation Guarantee letter
Students need to visit the embassy with documents for the face to face interview session in the final step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much does it cost to study in Latvia?
The cost of study in Latvia varies depending on your desired course and institute. The general tuition fee for studying Latvia ranges from €1,570 per annum for certain bachelor’s degree programs (3-4 years of studies) to €15,000 per year for a degree in Dentistry in Latvia (5 years) and €25,600 for an Executive MBA degree from the country.
Q: Is university education free in Latvia?
No! But you can apply for different scholarships depending on your eligibility according to the agreement between cooperation
of education and science and the Latvian government. It offers scholarships for international students, teaching staff, and researchers for higher education. Some of the best scholarships in Latvia are as mentioned below :
- Scholarships for studies and research,
- Scholarships for summer schools,
- Experience stories of previous scholarship holders.