Universities, Living Costs and Admissions
The USA is famous for its excellent research skills and quality education. It is one of the preferred destinations by international students and ranks 3rd in having immigrant students just after Canada and the U.K. More than a million students apply to study in the USA every year to get higher education from the most reputed and renowned universities or institutes.
Why Study in the USA?
There are plenty of reasons which students find appealing about the USA. The country is home to the significant institute from the top 20 universities list globally and provides various courses of different types and duration. Another reason to choose the USA is employment opportunities in the country and the diverse environment of the country. According to SEVP, India contributed the most significant number in the student population in the USA.
Some Important Points Need to Keep in Mind, If You Are Thinking of Study in the USA
- Visa Acceptance rate : 80%
- Total Institutions : 4140
- Average Study Cost : 35,000 to 40,000 USD
- Minimum TOEFL score: 85 IBT
- Minimum IELTS score: 6.5
List of Universities to Study in the USA
4) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
5) Yale University
6) Stanford University
7)University of Chicago
8)University of Pennsylvania
Why Choose the USA to Study?
Studying abroad is a dream for many students, and it requires lifelong investment. Here we will tell you the essential points why candidates choose a destination for their higher education. As per the reports of U.S. News & World Report, The 48 top universities are in the U.S., which make their name in the top 100 Global Universities list.
- The United States of America is home to many top universities, including MIT, Stanford, Harvard, and Caltech, ranked as the top 4 universities globally.
- STEM courses in the USA provide international students an additional opportunity to stay in the country for two years after completion of courses.
- Flexible Education System is another primary reason to choose the USA as they provide students opportunity to explore various domains and finally decide on a significant choice at the end of 2nd year.
- It offers a wide range of courses with different duration, including multiple programs like Bachelor’s, Master’s courses, including Doctoral, Vocational, Associate, and Certificate courses.
- Top Research Skills and innovation in institutes of USA
- More Job Opportunities for students once they complete their degree.
Courses to Choose For Study in the USA
Some of the best courses to choose if you are applying for study in the USA include:
- S. in Data Science
- S. in Computer Science
- S. in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Business Analytics
- MS in Data Analytics
- MS in Artificial Intelligence
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Management
- Masters in Cybersecurity
- Masters in Supply Chain Management
- Masters in Information Systems
- Masters in Digital Marketing
- Masters in Economics
- Masters in Project Management
- Masters in International Business
- MS in Engineering Management
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- Sc Computer Science
Procedure to Apply for Study in the USA
Here we are providing you step by step guide which will help you to study in the USA :
- Research about different options and decide the concern of matter that you require the most, including university rankings, requirements, and program availability.
- Know about your financial expenses depending on institutes and your preferred courses:
Bachelors : 15,000 to 55,000 USD per year
Master’s program : 15,000 to 30,000 USD per year.
- Prepare all the documents required for the application process in advance. Work to improve your overall profile meanwhile.
- Test scores of exams like IELTS/TOEFL or equivalent.
- Visa application: Once you receive a confirmation letter from the desired institutes, visit near U.S. Embassy and apply for a student visa
How Much Will it Cost to Study in the USA
- Public 2-year colleges-3,870 USD /annum
- Public 4-year colleges-9870 USD /annum
- Private 4-year college-35740 USD /annum
- Government institution-26,000 USD /annum
- Private institutions-31,000 USD /annum
- Transportation-120 to 250 USD/month
- Food-250 to 1,200 USD /month
- Accommodation-450 to 1,100 USD/month
- Living expenses for one year as Guarantee-80,000
- Gas and Electricity – 160 USD/month
Can I study in America for Free: Scholarships
The scholarship provided to international students in the USA is classified into two groups :
- Merit-Based Scholarship
- Need-Based Scholarship
Scholarship in the USA
1)Federal Student Aid: It offers scholarships, loans, and work while study jobs
2)AAUW International Fellowship Program : It provide scholarship of 18,000 USD – 30,000 USD
3)Fulbright Student Program: The scholarship cover tuition fee, health insurance, and other expenses
4)Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program: The scholarship covers tuition fee, travel expenses, and a monthly living stipend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the requirements to study in the USA?
A: Here is the list of required documents to study in the USA
- ACT/ SAT scores
- Letter of Recommendation- 2 to 3
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Funds
- Student’s Visa
- Other documents